Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Dropbox: Sharing Folders - Module 4 / Assignment 8

Sharing a link in Dropbox is easy to do, but there seems to be a lot of steps to complete the task. As I continue to use Dropbox, maneuvering through the site will probably come easier.  Being able to share a link for a file is beneficial when you have resources you want to be viewed and/or edited by groups with similar interests.  This could be in your personal as well as professional life.  I am wondering if you can restrict privileges of shared viewers.
 
I created the folder, Audio Stories for Children, to share.
As I worked on this assignment, I realized that I should be mindful of the type of files that are put in the folder to be shared.  Originally I had word documents in the folder.  I resaved the documents as pdfs.  This is one way to restrict editing.  This realization answered my question above; however, it further supports my feeling of too many steps to complete the task.  I am looking forward to additional exploration with Dropbox to improve my understanding of how to maximize its features and clarification of any misconceptions.



No comments:

Post a Comment